Sunday, November 1, 2009

Loud Lambert (and no, I'm not talking about his singing voice)


Oh, no, no, no! “American Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert just debuted the artwork for his album,"For Your Entertainment," and it is not a pretty sight. He has blue hair, lime green eyeliner and it appears he is flying through space. What in the world is Lambert thinking?

One of the major criticisms from the judges and fans while he was on “American Idol” was that he was “too theatrical.” Many hypothesized that his tendency to over-perform was what lost him the “American Idol” crown, and I have to agree. I felt his performances with the loud, drawn-out notes were impressive, but after hearing them once, got to be a little annoying. His outfits, or should I say costumes, were on the loud side as well. It was just all too much for the “American Idol” audience to handle.

I’m worried that Lambert may be starting his new career on the wrong foot. He certainly has the right to express himself in whatever way he wants, but this might be a turn-off to fans. Time will tell though. Lambert’s album will drop Nov. 23, so we will see how he fairs then! If you can’t wait to hear it, here is a listen of his debut single, “Want.”

4 comments:

  1. I thought the exact same thing when I saw this album cover! I read on PerezHilton though that it's supposed to be what Lambert calls "deliberately campy, and a ridiculous omage to the past." He also said, "for those who don't get it, oh well... Glad to have gotten your attention." I definitely don't get it but I guess it did get my attention. I have to say I'm not a huge fan anyway and will not be buying the album, tacky cover or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way! I definitely don't get what he is trying to do with this album. Hopefully, his fans are more receptive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, he has kind of a Robert Smith thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an interesting comparison. In what way?

    ReplyDelete