Thursday, October 15, 2009

West goes East


Blogs and twitters were all abuzz when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the Video Music Awards. On top of that move, he cancelled his "Fame Kills" tour with Lady Gaga two weeks later. The media questioned his character and wondered if he needed a break from the spotlight. I guess Kanye heard them. According to MTV Australia, the rapper is taking “time off” to re-evaluate himself and his behavior at a Hindu retreat in India. Going east is probably a good move for West, considering all the negative comments thrown at him from the general public, even President Obama, after pulling this little stunt. Perhaps this move will bring West some good karma for a change, but I’m not holding my breath. He has a reputation for speaking his mind, and I doubt a retreat will change his ways.


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he cancelled his tour! I'm not sure if that was a good move-- a good tour might be just what his fans need to have their faith in Kanye restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching the MTV Music Awards and saw what Kanye did to Taylor, It was not a pretty scene, he looked so immature and I felt horrible for Taylor. I think he does need to take some time off and rethink his attitude a bit. He may be extremely talented, but that does not mean he can get away with things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't, Chelsea, I think it was a good move for Kanye to cancel his tour. I agree with Natalia in that he needs some self-reflection time. It shows that he is aware has some issues and is trying to work them out!

    ReplyDelete