Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lady Gaga is a "Fame Monster"


Pop star Lady Gaga will be re-releasing her hit album "The Fame" on Nov. 24. The album will have a new name "The Fame Monster" and will feature eight new songs including her latest single “Bad Romance.” Most re-releases feature about three new songs, so I’m definitely looking forward to this CD. It’s almost like buying a brand new album. I loved "The Fame" and the pop/disco sound she created. I can’t wait to hear what Gaga has in store for the new tracks.

On my re-release, "The Fame Monster," I wrote about everything I didn’t write on "The Fame,” said Lady Gaga in a Rolling Stone article. “While traveling the world for two years, I’ve encountered several monsters, each represented by a different song on the new record: my ‘Fear of Sex Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Alcohol Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Love Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Death Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Loneliness Monster,’ etc.”

I found a sneak peak, or listen I should say, of one of her new songs, “Alejandro.” It has a spicy, European undertone that I can’t get out of my head. Perhaps this was inspired during her overseas tour this year. It sounds like a hit, but what are your thoughts?

It will be interesting to see what kind of publicity stunts Gaga will pull for the re-release. Her interesting performances (2009 Video Music Awards anyone?) and unique outfits have definitely been featured in the press. With all the publicity she gets, I’d say Lady Gaga is a modern P.T. Barnum. She knows how to make waves and get people talking about her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Lady Gaga to release her new album. I don't really like techno or pop that much anymore, but I won tickets to see her in May when she came to Austin, and ever since I've been really into her music. I really like "Alejandro" too. It sounds very Shakira-esque with the spanish influence. I'm sure your right that the ridiculous outfits and performances will be stepped up a notch when she releases The Fame Monster but I can't wait to see what she pulls next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Lady Gaga puts on quite the show, so it's no surprise to me that you became a fan after seeing her in Austin!

    ReplyDelete